Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Technically illegal: How thousands of property owners and renters are breaking the law
- Women in STEM: Marine Mammal Center combines science with animal welfare
- Listen to the latest Manager's Report
- Your Call: How can photography impact the struggle for human rights around the globe?
- Nine ideas to solve San Francisco's housing crisis
Ali Budner came to KALW as a volunteer reporter with Crosscurrents in early 2009, then joined the Your Call team as a producer in March of 2010. She loves the dynamic daily interactions of live radio and the inspiring guests and listeners that Your Call attracts. She still makes stories for Crosscurrents in her free time.
Ali has always been a writer – compelled by people, their voices and their stories. But she first found her way to radio as a college student in 2003 when she got involved with the program, Inside Out, on Brown Student Radio.
As a new arrival to the Bay Area in 2006, Ali continued to explore the world through radio as an intern with the Kitchen Sisters in San Francisco and then in Berkeley as a member of the KPFA First Voice Apprenticeship Program. She graduated from First Voice in 2008, after 18 months of training, including six months of co-producing the radio magazine, Full Circle. And she's been at KALW since 2009.
Aside from her radio work, Ali has been a farmer, a yoga teacher, an ESOL teacher and an herbalist. She teaches classes in the Bay Area on the uses of medicinal plants.
To get to work, she pedals her bike, takes a Bart train, rides a muni bus, and then walks to KALW!