Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Ben Manilla is an audio producer, consultant and educator. His numerous accolades include the Edward R. Murrow Award, the Edwin H. Armstrong Award, NFCB Golden Reel Award and the Grand Award from the International Radio Festival (three times). Ben’s production company, BMP Audio, has been at the forefront of creative broadcasting since 1991. BMP’s regularly scheduled radio programs include The House of Blues Radio Hour with Dan Aykroyd and Philosophy Talk from Stanford University. Ben’s multi-platform production company, Media Mechanics, has developed entertainment properties of all types from internet audio stations and satellite radio channels to websites and widgets. Ben teaches Radio Journalism at the University of California at Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism. For KALW, Ben produces Philosophy Talk and contributes to Fog City Blues.