Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Ben Manilla is an audio producer, consultant and educator. His numerous accolades include the Edward R. Murrow Award, the Edwin H. Armstrong Award, NFCB Golden Reel Award and the Grand Award from the International Radio Festival (three times). Ben’s production company, BMP Audio, has been at the forefront of creative broadcasting since 1991. BMP’s regularly scheduled radio programs include The House of Blues Radio Hour with Dan Aykroyd and Philosophy Talk from Stanford University. Ben’s multi-platform production company, Media Mechanics, has developed entertainment properties of all types from internet audio stations and satellite radio channels to websites and widgets. Ben teaches Radio Journalism at the University of California at Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism. For KALW, Ben produces Philosophy Talk and contributes to Fog City Blues.