Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Ben Manilla is an audio producer, consultant and educator. His numerous accolades include the Edward R. Murrow Award, the Edwin H. Armstrong Award, NFCB Golden Reel Award and the Grand Award from the International Radio Festival (three times). Ben’s production company, BMP Audio, has been at the forefront of creative broadcasting since 1991. BMP’s regularly scheduled radio programs include The House of Blues Radio Hour with Dan Aykroyd and Philosophy Talk from Stanford University. Ben’s multi-platform production company, Media Mechanics, has developed entertainment properties of all types from internet audio stations and satellite radio channels to websites and widgets. Ben teaches Radio Journalism at the University of California at Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism. For KALW, Ben produces Philosophy Talk and contributes to Fog City Blues.