Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Technically illegal: How thousands of property owners and renters are breaking the law
- Women in STEM: Marine Mammal Center combines science with animal welfare
- Your Call: How can photography impact the struggle for human rights around the globe?
- Listen to the latest Manager's Report
- Nine ideas to solve San Francisco's housing crisis
Ben handles daily operations in the news department, overseeing the editorial and sound engineering teams. He earned a Masters degree in journalism from the University of Oregon in 2000, and got his start in public radio at NPR member station KLCC in Eugene. After freelancing for numerous magazines and working for various commercial and public radio programs, Ben joined KALW in 2004. Since then, under the leadership of news director Holly Kernan, he has helped the department win numerous awards for long- and short-form journalism. He has also helped train dozens of radio producers, many of whom work with him at KALW, today. Ben lives with his wife and twin children in San Francisco's Outer Sunset district, where Golden Gate Park meets Ocean Beach, and spends as much time as he can outside.