Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- Richmond mom brings literacy to laundromats
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- Holding back rising sea levels in the City of Alameda
Ben handles daily operations in the news department, overseeing the editorial and sound engineering teams. He earned a Masters degree in journalism from the University of Oregon in 2000, and got his start in public radio at NPR member station KLCC in Eugene. After freelancing for numerous magazines and working for various commercial and public radio programs, Ben joined KALW in 2004. Since then, under the leadership of news director Holly Kernan, he has helped the department win numerous awards for long- and short-form journalism. He has also helped train dozens of radio producers, many of whom work with him at KALW, today. Ben lives with his wife and twin children in San Francisco's Outer Sunset district, where Golden Gate Park meets Ocean Beach, and spends as much time as he can outside.