Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What Proposition 1 has in store for California's water
- San Francisco's Prop. L: Are motorists being put at the back of the bus?
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Your Call: How do you re-enter society after prison?
- Young, radical Oakland constituency brings mayoral candidates onto their home turf
Devon Strolovitch studied medieval Judeo-Portuguese manuscripts and earned a PhD in Linguistics from Cornell University before coming to KALW. Since 2007 he has hosted Fog City Blues, the Wednesday night digest of Blues in the Bay Area and beyond. He is also the primary studio producer for Philosophy Talk, while contributing as a writer, editor and occasional Roving Philosophical Reporter.
In addition to his work at KALW, Devon has helped produce other national radio features including The Protest Singer: An Intimate Portrait of Pete Seeger, Woodstock 40 Years On: The Radio Special, and in association with the Library of Congress, the Peabody Award-winning 'Inside the National Recording Registry'.
A native of Montreal, Devon speaks seven languages, plays guitar and steel drum, and finds his bliss ensconced in traffic on a bicycle.