Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- Richmond mom brings literacy to laundromats
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
Devon Strolovitch studied medieval Judeo-Portuguese manuscripts and earned a PhD in Linguistics from Cornell University before coming to KALW. Since 2007 he has hosted Fog City Blues, the Wednesday night digest of Blues in the Bay Area and beyond. He is also the primary studio producer for Philosophy Talk, while contributing as a writer, editor and occasional Roving Philosophical Reporter.
In addition to his work at KALW, Devon has helped produce other national radio features including The Protest Singer: An Intimate Portrait of Pete Seeger, Woodstock 40 Years On: The Radio Special, and in association with the Library of Congress, the Peabody Award-winning 'Inside the National Recording Registry'.
A native of Montreal, Devon speaks seven languages, plays guitar and steel drum, and finds his bliss ensconced in traffic on a bicycle.