Most Active Stories
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Today on Your Call: What are 'best practices' for using digital devices?
Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Devon Strolovitch studied medieval Judeo-Portuguese manuscripts and earned a PhD in Linguistics from Cornell University before coming to KALW. Since 2007 he has hosted Fog City Blues, the Wednesday night digest of Blues in the Bay Area and beyond. He is also the primary studio producer for Philosophy Talk, while contributing as a writer, editor and occasional Roving Philosophical Reporter.
In addition to his work at KALW, Devon has helped produce other national radio features including The Protest Singer: An Intimate Portrait of Pete Seeger, Woodstock 40 Years On: The Radio Special, and in association with the Library of Congress, the Peabody Award-winning 'Inside the National Recording Registry'.
A native of Montreal, Devon speaks seven languages, plays guitar and steel drum, and finds his bliss ensconced in traffic on a bicycle.