Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Pastor Megan Rohrer: A shepherd finds the perfect flock
- City Visions: Having Overcome Challenges, The San Francisco Zoo Embraces its Mission
- Remembering Robin Williams' visit to KALW
- Your Call: What can we do to create safe spaces for women?
- North Beach tenants find strength and friendship as they fight to keep their homes
Edwin Okong’o is an African-born award-winning writer, journalist, humorist and satirist. He has worked as an associate editor and communications director at New America Media, and a reporter for PBS’s Frontline/World. “Kenya: Sweet Home, Obama,” a documentary he made about Kenyans and the 2008 U.S. presidential elections for the PBS program, was voted the People’s Voice at the 2009 Webby Awards. He teaches at the University of California, Berkeley, where he graduated from in 2007 with a Master's degree in journalism.
Musical gems from Africa and the African diaspora that will revive your weary soul. Vintage and contemporary sounds from Abidjan to Zimbabwe, the Caribbean, Latin America, and beyond.
Visit the Africa Mix website for playlists and more information.