Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- Zero Waste in San Francisco is a 2020 Vision
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
Edwin Okong’o is an African-born award-winning writer, journalist, humorist and satirist. He has worked as an associate editor and communications director at New America Media, and a reporter for PBS’s Frontline/World. “Kenya: Sweet Home, Obama,” a documentary he made about Kenyans and the 2008 U.S. presidential elections for the PBS program, was voted the People’s Voice at the 2009 Webby Awards. He teaches at the University of California, Berkeley, where he graduated from in 2007 with a Master's degree in journalism.
Musical gems from Africa and the African diaspora that will revive your weary soul. Vintage and contemporary sounds from Abidjan to Zimbabwe, the Caribbean, Latin America, and beyond.
Visit the Africa Mix website for playlists and more information.