Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Stanford researchers find teaching technique that closes achievement gap in schools
- Project-based learning gets kids back on track
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- At children's hospital, kids find comfort in music therapy
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
Holly Kernan is the architect of the award-winning Public Interest Reporting Project. She is currently news director at KALW 91.7FM in San Francisco. In 2009 she was named Journalist of the Year by the Northern California Chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists. Kernan teaches journalism at Mills College and the UC Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism and has taught at Santa Rosa Junior College, Youth Radio and San Francisco State University's Lifelong Learning Institute. She lives in Oakland with her husband, Mike, daughter, Julia, and retired greyhound Benjamin Franklin.