Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- Zero Waste in San Francisco is a 2020 Vision
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
One of the most respected critical voices in classical music, he also is one of the most entertaining and popular program hosts on public radio. Since 1979, he has delighted Classical KUSC listeners with his witty, meticulously crafted essays on diverse composers, conductors and artists - as well as his commentary on a wide range of other subjects that attract his musical fancy. He is host and producer of the syndicated radio series, The Record Shelf.