Most Active Stories
- Technically illegal: How thousands of property owners and renters are breaking the law
- At children's hospital, kids find comfort in music therapy
- Your Call: What do students and parents need to know before they take out student loans?
- Women in STEM: Marine Mammal Center combines science with animal welfare
- Listen to the latest Manager's Report
Joe Burke, KALW's Morning Edition host for the last 20 odd years, has been with the station since 1988. He studied (?) broadcasting at City College of San Francisco. There he served as Program Director and News Director at KCSF (90.7fm) . He left his classes and position there to join the staff at KTIM 100.9 fm/1050am, in San Rafael in 1986.
NPR's signature morning show, with news updates from the BBC at the top of each hour. Also, a local daily almanac at 5:49 and 8:49, what's for lunch in the San Francisco public schools at 6:49 (during the school year), and daily commentary from Jim Hightower at 7:49. Enjoy the Crosscurrents Morning Report from KALW News Tuesday through Friday at 8:51, a Dispatch from Kolkata from Sandip Roy on Wednesdays at 7:35, and 99% Invisible at 7:35 on Fridays.