Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Technically illegal: How thousands of property owners and renters are breaking the law
- What does it take to be a cop in Oakland?
- The Altamont Pass -- good for renewable energy, bad for birds
- Women in STEM: Marine Mammal Center combines science with animal welfare
- Your Call: What can be done to end the crisis in Gaza?
Marty Nemko was called "job coach extraordinaire" by U.S. News and "The Bay Area's best career coach" by the San Francisco Bay Guardian. Marty Nemko's career column appeared for six years in the San Francisco Chronicle and then wrote The Big Idea continuing series on WashingtonPost.com and the Working it Out column on TheAtlantic.com. In his 26th year as a career and education coach, Marty Nemko has served 4,400 clients and enjoys a 96% client-satisfaction rate.
Marty Nemko holds a Ph.D. from U.C. Berkeley and subsequently taught its graduate school. He is the author of seven books including Cool Careers for Dummies, How to Do Life: What they didn't teach you in school and What's the Big Idea? 39 Disruptive Ideas for a Better America. Those and his 2,000+ (!) articles on career and other issues inform his radio program. Those articles are archived free on www.martynemko.com.
Marty Nemko has been a repeat guest on many major programs including NPR's Talk of the Nation and The Today Show. Toastmasters names one non-member its Northern California Speaker of the Year. Marty Nemko was a winner, in part because of his KALW program.