Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- Zero Waste in San Francisco is a 2020 Vision
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
Marty Nemko was called "job coach extraordinaire" by U.S. News and "The Bay Area's best career coach" by the San Francisco Bay Guardian. Marty Nemko's career column appeared for six years in the San Francisco Chronicle and then wrote The Big Idea continuing series on WashingtonPost.com and the Working it Out column on TheAtlantic.com. In his 26th year as a career and education coach, Marty Nemko has served 4,400 clients and enjoys a 96% client-satisfaction rate.
Marty Nemko holds a Ph.D. from U.C. Berkeley and subsequently taught its graduate school. He is the author of seven books including Cool Careers for Dummies, How to Do Life: What they didn't teach you in school and What's the Big Idea? 39 Disruptive Ideas for a Better America. Those and his 2,000+ (!) articles on career and other issues inform his radio program. Those articles are archived free on www.martynemko.com.
Marty Nemko has been a repeat guest on many major programs including NPR's Talk of the Nation and The Today Show. Toastmasters names one non-member its Northern California Speaker of the Year. Marty Nemko was a winner, in part because of his KALW program.