Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Richard Friedman produced many new music programs on KPFA in Berkeley between 1970 and 1995. In 2005 he joined KALW to create Music From Other Minds in conjunction with Other Minds, a global, San Francisco-based New Music community of composers, students and listeners. The program website details each program with information about the music, the composers and the recordings.
While his day job is as a senior technical writer for a major Silicon Valley computer software company, Richard is also a composer and photographer.