Most Active Stories
- Stanford researchers find teaching technique that closes achievement gap in schools
- Project-based learning gets kids back on track
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- At children's hospital, kids find comfort in music therapy
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
Bill Zeeble <...
In 1988, a determined Bob Boilen started showing up on NPR's doorstep every day, looking for a way to contribute his skills in music and broadcasting to the network. His persistence paid off, and within a few weeks he was hired, on a temporary...
Bob Campbell is Co-Founder and Co-Host of Folk Music & Beyond. He was a frequent substitute host for the KPFA folk show Sing Out in the early 1980s (more an engineering type, still, he was heard to have an ear for a segue...
Originally from the east coast, Bob has called the Bay Area home since 1995 and has been on the air at KALW since 1996. Bob has worked and lived all over the country doing everything from driving a horse carriage in Chicago and fishing on the...