Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- Zero Waste in San Francisco is a 2020 Vision
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
KALW Special ~ Today at 11am
11am Special: Hear the March on Washington, as it was heard in 1963
Historic archival coverage of the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom – as it was heard on the Educational Radio Network on August 28, 1963.
Hear Martin Luther King’s “I Have A Dream” speech in its original context – as well as John Lewis, Roy Wilkins, Walter Reuther, and Bayard Rustin and songs by Mahalia Jackson and Marion Anderson.
KALW extends its thanks to WGBH in Boston for making this archival material available for us to broadcast on this historic anniversary.