Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How can storytelling about the ocean help save it?
- Today on Your Call: What happens when parents fund public schools?
KALW Special ~ Today at 11am
11am Special: Hear the March on Washington, as it was heard in 1963
Historic archival coverage of the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom – as it was heard on the Educational Radio Network on August 28, 1963.
Hear Martin Luther King’s “I Have A Dream” speech in its original context – as well as John Lewis, Roy Wilkins, Walter Reuther, and Bayard Rustin and songs by Mahalia Jackson and Marion Anderson.
KALW extends its thanks to WGBH in Boston for making this archival material available for us to broadcast on this historic anniversary.