Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
- What's Jesse doing in Kolkata?
Arts & Culture
99% Invisible: Can you drive blindfolded?
California voters may have paved the way for a cleaner future when they passed Proposition 39, but they’re still famous for the gas-burning way they get around. California commuters often drive the same route, sometimes so frequently they might think they can navigate it blindfolded.
In this episode of 99% Invisible, Tristan Cooke and Tom Nelson from the blog Humans in Design explore how the brain knows how to steer without really knowing how to steer, and what that means for steering wheel design.
Click the audio player above to listen to the story.
Test your own ability to drive blindfolded at the Tech Museum in San Jose exhibit Mythbusters: The Explosive Exhibition.