Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
America: Land of Marketing...and How to Land a Job in Marketing
It seems that an ever larger percentage of job openings is for a marketer.
Everything from peas to non-profits to people need to be branded and then marketed every which way from face-to-face to Facebook.
Hype over substance, sizzle over steak.
I guess that's why I've been averse to doing a show on marketing careers. But alas, with all those marketing jobs out there, I feel it will serve my listeners to succumb.
So, on Work with Marty Nemko on June 17 at 11 am, my guest will be San Francisco State Marketing Lecturer, and a guy who spends more time in the real world of marketing than in the ivory tower, Neil Cohen. We'll talk about careers in marketing.
At around 11:30, I'll invite you to call in for a Three-Minute Workover, in which I attempt to cure whatever career ill ails you.
Work with Marty Nemko is heard every Sunday from 11 am to noon on 91.7 FM, KALW, San Francisco.