Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Open Air ~ 3/7 at 1pm
Apocalyptic Theatre ~ Feverish Dance Music ~ The Month Ahead in Classical
This week on Open Air, conversations with director Chris White and sound designer Teddy Hulsker of the Bay Area theater group, Mugwumpin, who will share some of the apocalyptic detail in their latest endeavor, The Great Big Also; a live performance of manic dance music from members of the early music group Cançonièr. Plus, a look at the classical music month ahead with music critic Joshua Kosman. David Latulippe hosts.
As mentioned during the show, attached is also David Latulippe's interview with SF Symphony's principal oboist Bill Bennett from Open Air on February 21. Bennett collapsed on the concert stage on February 23 while playing the R. Strauss oboe concerto. He passed away a few days later.
Original broadcast date: Thursday, 3/7 at 1pm.
Listen now or anytime:
Mugwumpin, 'The Great Big Also': mugwumpin.squarespace.com
Canconier, 'Choreomania': www.sfems.org, where tickets are half price when you enter the code KALW. The offer is valid until midnight, Thursday March 7, 2013.
Façade - An Entertainment: musicdance.sfsu.edu/events (see under March 11)