Most Active Stories
- Technically illegal: How thousands of property owners and renters are breaking the law
- At children's hospital, kids find comfort in music therapy
- Your Call: What do students and parents need to know before they take out student loans?
- Listen to the latest Manager's Report
- Your Call: How can photography impact the struggle for human rights around the globe?
Audiograph's Sound of the Week: Sonoma County Pruning Competition
All week long we've been playing this sound, and asking you to guess what exactly it is and where exactly in the Bay Area we recorded it.
This auditory guessing game is part of Audiograph, a crowd-sourced collaborative radio project mapping the sonic signature of each of the Bay Area’s nine counties. By using the sounds of voices, nature, industry, and music, Audiograph tells the story of where you live, and the people who live there with you. Every Thursday, we reveal the origins of that week's sound on Crosscurrents, and here in weekly blog posts.
Listen above for the full answer...
ROSIE CHAVEZ: "People don't realize how hard it is to do this work. It would be nice if wineries would start doing tours, and letting people know where these grapes come from, and how they're produced, because a lot of the farmworkers have a lot to do with it."
We'll have a new sound for you to guess and another chance to win next week.
In the meantime, is there a sound from your life that should be featured on Audiograph? Call at 415-264-7106 and tell us about the sound of where you live.