Most Active Stories
- In a warmer world, researchers say climate change is intensifying California's water crisis
- Upgrading San Francisco's aging pipes in times of drought
- Robots: a Hands-On Approach to STEM Education
- Your Call: Should orcas be held captive for human entertainment?
- How Should Bay Area Cities Regulate E-Cigarettes?
Bacon Tops New Burger King Dessert
Originally published on Wed June 13, 2012 4:00 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. If you've visited Burger King recently you might've noticed their new health kick. There are smoothies on the menu, more wraps and salads. Well, their latest creation doesn't seem to fit the trend. The bacon sundae? The food chain claims the concoction of vanilla soft serve, fudge, caramel, bacon crumbles - oh, and a strip of bacon - weighs in at only 510 calories. But bacon is apparently all the rage in fast foods. Jack in the Box is out with a bacon milkshake. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.