Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
Bacon Tops New Burger King Dessert
Originally published on Wed June 13, 2012 4:00 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. If you've visited Burger King recently you might've noticed their new health kick. There are smoothies on the menu, more wraps and salads. Well, their latest creation doesn't seem to fit the trend. The bacon sundae? The food chain claims the concoction of vanilla soft serve, fudge, caramel, bacon crumbles - oh, and a strip of bacon - weighs in at only 510 calories. But bacon is apparently all the rage in fast foods. Jack in the Box is out with a bacon milkshake. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.