Most Active Stories
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Today on Your Call: What are 'best practices' for using digital devices?
BART strike continues
Excerpt: “I wish I had news for you, but BART hasn’t offered any new proposals to bring about a resolution, and we’re on the second day of our strike,” said Cecille Isidro, a spokeswoman with Service Employees International Union Local 1021 – one of the two unions striking. “They have not come back with any proposals that address critical safety issues and fair pay.”
Commuters are urged to make alternative travel plans.
“We are sorry that the actions of ATU and SEIU have caused such a tremendous disruption to the people of the Bay Area,” the BART statement said. “We are working hard to bring a fair and responsible resolution to labor talks.”