Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
City Visions: March 4, 2013
Bay Area views on federal immigration reform
City Visions takes up the federal immigration reform debate and explores what the President's proposal could mean for the Bay Area. What are our region's pressing concerns and priorities? More visas for skilled workers? An easier path to citizenship for the undocumented? How can the Bay Area inform and advance the national discussion?
-Bill Hing, professor of law at the University of San Francisco School of Law. He is also the Chair of the City of San Francisco’s Immigrant Rights Commission and the founder of the Immigrant Legal Resource Center in San Francisco.
-Angela Chan, senior staff attorney managing the Criminal Justice Reform Program at the Asian Law Caucus. She also serves on the San Francisco Police Commission.
-Emily Lam, senior director of health care and federal issues for the Silicon Valley Leadership Group