Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
City Visions: March 4, 2013
Bay Area views on federal immigration reform
City Visions takes up the federal immigration reform debate and explores what the President's proposal could mean for the Bay Area. What are our region's pressing concerns and priorities? More visas for skilled workers? An easier path to citizenship for the undocumented? How can the Bay Area inform and advance the national discussion?
-Bill Hing, professor of law at the University of San Francisco School of Law. He is also the Chair of the City of San Francisco’s Immigrant Rights Commission and the founder of the Immigrant Legal Resource Center in San Francisco.
-Angela Chan, senior staff attorney managing the Criminal Justice Reform Program at the Asian Law Caucus. She also serves on the San Francisco Police Commission.
-Emily Lam, senior director of health care and federal issues for the Silicon Valley Leadership Group