Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
Arts & Culture
Beethoven and Bates ~ Paris Symphonies ~ Sondheim's Road Show ~ Music picks for January
On the first Open Air of 2014, host David Latulippe talks to composer/DJ Mason Bates, who is featured at the SF Symphony's Re/current festival, together with music from Beethoven. Also, Theatre Rhinoceros' director John Fisher discusses the Bay Area premier of Sondheim's musical Road Show at the Eureka Theatre; violist Anthony Martin talks about the New Esterhazy Quartet's performances of symphonies by Haydn, Mozart and Cherubini in arrangements for string quartet. And SF Chronicle's classical music critic Joshua Kosman presents his music picks for the month of January. Open Air, originally broadcast on January 2, 2014 at 1pm. Listen Now or Anytime.