Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- What's Jesse doing in Kolkata?
Around the Nation
Bibles Sent To Prison Contain More Than God's Word
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. This seems like a scam in an old gangster movie. A South Carolina prison received two Bibles intended for an inmate. But the Bibles had been hollowed out. They contained razor knives, a cell phone, ecstasy pills and cocaine. The prison returned the package to the sender. Police identified the woman who allegedly mailed the Bibles from a post office, which is the silver lining in this story. Somebody is still using the U.S. mail. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.