Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Big Data: A fast-growing career field
On the May 12, 2013 edition of Work with Marty Nemko, I talk with Mike Minelli, lead author of the Amazon-top-rated book, Big Data: Big Analytics. This burgeoning field offers career opportunities not just for Ph.Ds in math with expertise in algorithms but a wide range of careers from sales person to even graphic artist.
In the second half of the show, I do 3-Minute Workovers on callers. Whatever your career conundrum, I can usually help you take at least a baby step forward.
Work with Marty Nemko is heard every Sunday from 11 am to noon on 91.7, KALW, San Francisco.