Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- Zero Waste in San Francisco is a 2020 Vision
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
Big Data: A fast-growing career field
On the May 12, 2013 edition of Work with Marty Nemko, I talk with Mike Minelli, lead author of the Amazon-top-rated book, Big Data: Big Analytics. This burgeoning field offers career opportunities not just for Ph.Ds in math with expertise in algorithms but a wide range of careers from sales person to even graphic artist.
In the second half of the show, I do 3-Minute Workovers on callers. Whatever your career conundrum, I can usually help you take at least a baby step forward.
Work with Marty Nemko is heard every Sunday from 11 am to noon on 91.7, KALW, San Francisco.