Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- What's Jesse doing in Kolkata?
BlackBerry Customers Offered Free Apps As Apology
Last week, Research in Motion apologized for the service outages that swept around the world last week, leaving millions of its BlackBerry users unable to send or receive messages.
Today, it said it's offering customers about $100 worth of free apps and a month's worth of free technical support in "appreciation for their patience during the recent service disruptions."
Among the apps subscribers can select:
-- SIMS 3.
-- Texas Hold'em Poker 2.
-- iSpeech Translator Pro.
-- Drive Safe.ly Enterprise.
-- Vlingo Plus: Virtual Assistant.
The free app offer begins on Wednesday and lasts four weeks, the company said.