Most Active Stories
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Enrollment now open for the 2015-2016 KALW News Audio Academy
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- Your Call: How bad is California’s drought?
- The Spiritual Edge: Afro-Cuban movement with meaning
Arts & Culture
BoomTown Sounds: San Francisco's sonic history
Andrew Roth is a sound designer who re-creates soundscapes that no longer exist. You can hear his most recent work at the Conservatory of Flowers in San Francisco. The exhibit is called BoomTown, and it’s what San Francisco sounded like in the early 1850s, when the city was known as the Barbary Coast.
Click the audio player above to listen to the story.