Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
British Burger Is Hot, Red Hot
Originally published on Wed December 5, 2012 6:09 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Get them while they're hot - seriously, red hot. A new burger in Britain is topped with chilies that pack 40 times the heat of your average Tabasco sauce. The Fallout Burger is on sale at Atomic Burger in Bristol. It registers a million on the Scoville Scale. Scientists use that to determine chili heat. Who knew? To eat the burger, you've got to be over 18 and wear protective gloves. And I also wouldn't wipe your eyes after you take your first bite. Mm. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.