Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
British Parliament Member Gets Stuck In Restroom
Originally published on Fri July 18, 2014 5:00 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Michael Gove, a member of Britain's Parliament, might be feeling a little flushed. He got stuck in the bathroom on Wednesday, his first full day as chief whip - that's the person in charge of making sure members of his party are in place to vote the right way. Now, a colleague came to Gove's defense, pointing out that knowing who is using the toilet at any moment is part of the whip's job, so he was likely just carrying out his duties. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.