Most Active Stories
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Enrollment now open for the 2015-2016 KALW News Audio Academy
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- Your Call: How bad is California’s drought?
- The Spiritual Edge: Afro-Cuban movement with meaning
British Parliament Member Gets Stuck In Restroom
Originally published on Fri July 18, 2014 5:00 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Michael Gove, a member of Britain's Parliament, might be feeling a little flushed. He got stuck in the bathroom on Wednesday, his first full day as chief whip - that's the person in charge of making sure members of his party are in place to vote the right way. Now, a colleague came to Gove's defense, pointing out that knowing who is using the toilet at any moment is part of the whip's job, so he was likely just carrying out his duties. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.