Most Active Stories
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Enrollment now open for the 2015-2016 KALW News Audio Academy
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- Your Call: How bad is California’s drought?
- The Spiritual Edge: Afro-Cuban movement with meaning
Open Air ~ 5/1/14 at 1pm
Bruce Vilanch ~ Ton Koopman ~ Communiqué nº 10 ~ Kosman's picks for May ~ Des Voix Festival
This week on Open Air, host David Latulippe has a conversation with Dutch conductor and Baroque specialist Ton Koopman, who conducts two weeks of music by JS Bach and son CPE Bach at the San Francisco Symphony; French playwright Samuel Gallet and Cutting Ball Artistic director Rob Melrose talk about about the American Premiere of Communiqué N°10, which is part of the month-long festival Des Voix... Found in Translation 2014, about French film and theater; and comedian, writer, and actor Bruce Vilanch shares details about his role in 42nd Street Moon’s production of Cole Porter’s “Du Barry Was A Lady.” Plus, San Francisco Chronicle's music critic Joshua Kosman offers his classical music picks for the month of May. Open Air with David Latulippe, originally broadcast on May 1, 2014. Listen now or anytime...