Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
The Canadian company that wants to build an oil pipeline from Alberta to the Gulf of Mexico says it will shift its route. Monday's announcement came after President Obama said he would delay a decision to approve the $7 billion project. Nebraska residents were concerned about the pipeline running through an environmentally sensitive area, and possibly contaminating water supplies.