Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
Can You Make a Living in a Plant Nursery?
Update: We discussed a number of great plants to grow in the Bay Area and a listener asked me to write a blog post that listed them. Here it is, with pictures:
On the April 6, 2014 edition of Work with Marty Nemko, I talk with Sloat Garden Center Manager, Dustin Stroebel on careers in a plant nursery.
In the second half of the show, you can call in for a Three-Minute Workover. Whatever career conundrum is besetting you or someone you care about, I usually can be helpful.
Work with Marty Nemko is heard every Sunday from 11 AM to noon on KALW, 91.7 FM in San Francisco and worldwide on kalw.org. The podcast is available for a week on the NPR site and in perpetuity on this page.