Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- In an old church, the Internet Archive stores our digital history
- Your Call: Is there such a thing as sustainable and humane meat?
- The Spiritual Edge: how an architect designs meaningful space
- The Spiritual Edge: Celebrating the commonalities at Oakland’s ‘Sushi’ Mosque
Can You Make a Living in a Plant Nursery?
Update: We discussed a number of great plants to grow in the Bay Area and a listener asked me to write a blog post that listed them. Here it is, with pictures:
On the April 6, 2014 edition of Work with Marty Nemko, I talk with Sloat Garden Center Manager, Dustin Stroebel on careers in a plant nursery.
In the second half of the show, you can call in for a Three-Minute Workover. Whatever career conundrum is besetting you or someone you care about, I usually can be helpful.
Work with Marty Nemko is heard every Sunday from 11 AM to noon on KALW, 91.7 FM in San Francisco and worldwide on kalw.org. The podcast is available for a week on the NPR site and in perpetuity on this page.