Most Active Stories
- In a warmer world, researchers say climate change is intensifying California's water crisis
- Upgrading San Francisco's aging pipes in times of drought
- Robots: a Hands-On Approach to STEM Education
- Your Call: Should orcas be held captive for human entertainment?
- How Should Bay Area Cities Regulate E-Cigarettes?
Around the Nation
Canada Is Ready For Attacking Zombies
Originally published on Fri February 15, 2013 12:05 am
LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Linda Wertheimer. This summer, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released Preparedness 101, a just-in-case guide for of a zombie pandemic. Yesterday, a Canadian parliament member asked the foreign minister how his country's preparing for zombies. The foreign minister said he's dedicated to the proposition that...
(SOUNDBITE OF PARLIAMENT SESSION)
JOHN BAIRD: Canada will never become a safe haven for zombies, ever.
UNIDENTIFIED MAN: Here, here!
WERTHEIMER: It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.