Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- The Greenhouse Project: Bringing San Francisco’s forgotten flower farm back to life
- Your Call: What are your favorite books of 2014?
- Why are there anti-Muslim ads on our public buses?
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
Arts & Culture
Candlestick memory: Caroline Hickson
As a child in the 60’s, Caroline Hickson rode the bus with a friend all the way to Candlestick Park to watch Giants baseball games.
HICKSON: Those were the days when they were in the run-up to the pennant that we got to go a lot. We went a lot in the summertime. They won the pennant, I think, in '62. And so, that whole run-up with the famous song about the Giants and the Dodgers that Danny Kaye sang, that was all very familiar.
To hear all of Hickson's Candlestick memory, click the player above.