Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
Cannabis News Roundup: 03.07.14
Jerry Brown afraid of potheads... Oregon & Washington go legit... Customer etiquette in Colorado... Tenants right to smoke indoors not valid... Gold rolling papers?... Gupta doubles down on cannabis... and more.
Oregon now has legal dispensaries // KLCC Radio “We are pioneering an industry.”
CA Assembly committee considers “1000-ft. school rule” hearing on Tuesday // Cal NORML Distance of dispensaries from schools would increase, as would fees.
Washington, DC decriminalizes small amounts of cannabis while DEA deputy declares, “no sound reasons to change national policy” // Toke of the Town
Colorado dispensaries produce customer etiquette brochure // MJ Business Daily “Businesses aren’t liable for what consumers are doing, but we strongly encourage them to promote responsible activity.” [Or as I say, it's a controlled substance, so keep it under control.]
Tenants do not have the right to smoke marijuana at home // SF Gate It’s still a federal crime. Try edibles instead.
Online survey shows buyers “prefer to buy legally” // MJ Business Daily
Are gold rolling papers safe? // ABC News
CNN’s chief medical correspondent “more convinced than ever” about value of medical cannabis // CNN His next second special on the topic airs Tuesday.