Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- In an old church, the Internet Archive stores our digital history
- Your Call: Is there such a thing as sustainable and humane meat?
- The Spiritual Edge: how an architect designs meaningful space
- The Spiritual Edge: Celebrating the commonalities at Oakland’s ‘Sushi’ Mosque
Cops & Courts
Cannabis News Roundup: February 7, 2014
Police say they’ll regulate since Assembly won’t… Congressional committee reviews cannabis policy… Dhar Mann sentenced in Oakland… Mendo sheriff to arrest water thieves at illegal grow sites… Bieber “pot plane”… and more.
COPS & COURTS
“Ganja-preneur” Dhar Mann gets fine & probation // San Jose Mercury News
Dispensaries in CA border town raided, suspected of selling to Arizona residents // Mojave Daily News
Law should be consistent, whether “purchasing in the streets or in the suites”: Congressman Elijah Cummings // Proceedings of Committee on Oversight & Govt. Reform
Water degradation at illegal pot gardens in northern CA compared to unregulated logging of old // Jefferson Public Radio
UCSF researchers administering marijuana-derived drug to seriously ill children // East Bay Express
Male suicide rates decline in legal cannabis states // Am. Jrln. of Public Health
IT’S A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE, SO KEEP IT UNDER CONTROL
Bieber’s “pot plane” forces pilots to wear oxygen masks // NBC, “Today”
IN OTHER NEWS…
Washington & Colorado get all the attention, but California is still tops // East Bay Express
# # #
Cops & Courts