Most Active Stories
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
- Today on Your Call: What are 'best practices' for using digital devices?
Cannabis news roundup: June 19, 2012
(Medical Marijuana Business Daily) // Patients will need greenbacks to purchase their green bud at cannabis dispensaries throughout the US starting next month – unless they have a Discover card. Electronic Merchant Systems (EMS), the main national credit card clearinghouse working with dispensaries, notified them by email that the company will stop processing Visa and Mastercard transactions as of July 1…
(SFGate) // In a related “follow the money” story, the IRS arrested six partners of a southern California dispensary group because prosecutors charge that the supposed nonprofit deposited over $3 million in eight months...
(The Raw Story) // David Bronner, head of Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soaps and a leading hemp advocate, was cheered last week upon his return to California after being arrested in front of the White House. Bronner locked himself in a cage with several hemp plants to protest the US ban on industrial hemp cultivation…
(SFGate) // Hemp may be illegal to grow in this country, but helped by endorsements from celebrities Martha Stewart and Dr. Oz, food products containing imported hemp seeds made up a $40 million industry in 2010. Profits would be higher if the seeds were grown domestically…
(420 Times) // Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles has notified a second medical marijuana patient that she is off the waiting list for a liver transplant because of “substance abuse.”