Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Career Advice for New Graduates and for the People Who Love Them
On the June 30, 2013 edition of Work with Marty Nemko, Barbara and Marty Nemko offer advice for new graduates and for the people who love them.
When your graduate is back living at home and not doing an aggressive job search, what if anything should you do: Give him leads? Write his resume for her? Kick him out? Should you encourage her to take any job or just a launchpad job? What if he's 's clueless on what he's launching toward? Should she be a generalist or specialize? How about an internship? What about that new court ruling that an internship must benefit the intern not be free labor for the employer? Should internship seekers give potential employers the third degree?
New grads. What to do if you're the grad or someone who loves one? I'll discuss these issues with my frequent co-conspirator on the show, the Napa County Superintendent of Schools, member of the State Supt's cabinet, and my wife, Dr. Barbara Nemko.
Plus you can call in for a Three-Minute Workover.
Work with Marty Nemko is heard every Sunday from 11 AM to noon on KALW 91.7 FM, San Francisco.