Most Active Stories
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Enrollment now open for the 2015-2016 KALW News Audio Academy
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- Your Call: How bad is California’s drought?
- The Spiritual Edge: Afro-Cuban movement with meaning
Careers in the 2nd Half of Life
Many people are in the no-man's land. They're not ready to retire--they want or need to work but no one will hire them except for a McJob.
Two new books that offer help: Second-Act Careers, and Encore Careers. On the Apr. 7, 2013 edition of Work with Marty Nemko, Drs Barbara and Marty Nemko discuss the stories of people who made an interesting career change in the 2nd half of life.
Plus listeners call in for a 3-Minute Workover--Marty and Barbara try to help you overcome your career conundrum.
Work with Marty Nemko is heard every Sunday from 11 am to noon on KALW, 91.7 FM, San Francisco.