Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
Work with Marty Nemko, show information
Careers Serving Muslims: A Fast-Growing Need (airs on Work with Marty Nemko, 10/7/12)
Muslims may be the fastest-growing group in America--expected to double by 2030 to 6.2 million in the U.S., 120 million in the Bay Area alone, 1.1 billion worldwide.
I offered opinions on addressing issues related to Muslims in the workplace, ideas for careers and businesses that serve Muslims, and ideas on how best to appeal to Muslim consumers. Plus I did three-minute career makeovers on callers.
Work with Marty Nemko is heard Sundays from 11 am to noon on KALW, 91.7 FM San Francisco.