Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Out In The Bay - Charo & Alice B Toklas - 7/19/12
Charo mixes samba with techno beat; and Alice B. Toklas on Gertrude Stein
7 pm on Out in the Bay: Time travel with Alice B. Toklas and Charo. Hear Alice B. Toklas in her own voice -- on a rare morsel of tape 60 years old -- describing her first encounter with Gertrude Stein, and more from the curator of “A Place at the Table: A Gathering of LGBT Text, Image and Voice” at U.C. Berkeley’s Bancroft Library* through July 31. Then hear world renown Flamenco guitar virtuosa Charo’s 2005 interview with Out in the Bay host Eric Jansen (it’s among our archives funnest!), along with choice tidbits from Eric’s chat with her last week and new techno-samba music from her current tour. ** 7 pm Thursday on Out in the Bay, then archived at www.OutintheBay.com
* There’s even an online version of the exhibit. But if you want to smell the rose petals in the teapot, we recommend visiting the Bancroft Library, Monday – Friday 10am – 4pm through Tuesday July 31.