Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Folk Music & Beyond Sat. 3/9 3 pm
Cheap Suit Serenaders this Saturday
The Cheap Suit Serenaders - on Folk Music & Beyond this Saturday at 3 pm, recorded live in Berkeley in January - entertain us with a collection of up-tempo Hawaiian stomps, ragtime, & Italian polkas as they recreate the music of the golden age of jazz.
With Robert Armstrong, Allan Dodge, Rick Elmore, Tony Marcus, and Terry Zwigoff performing on ukeleles, Hawaiian steel guitars, fiddles, cellos, banjos, mandolins, accordions, and musical saws, the band brings alive some really great music.
Underground comic book artist R. Crumb founded the occasional band, along with Robert and Allen, in the 70s. They've played venues as diverse as nudist colonies, A Prairie Home Companion, gin joints, & festivals in the Hague. So slip into some fancy, low-cost clothes and enjoy the show with Sandy Miranda.