Most Active Stories
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Enrollment now open for the 2015-2016 KALW News Audio Academy
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- Your Call: How bad is California’s drought?
- The Spiritual Edge: Afro-Cuban movement with meaning
Folk Music & Beyond Sat. 3/9 3 pm
Cheap Suit Serenaders this Saturday
The Cheap Suit Serenaders - on Folk Music & Beyond this Saturday at 3 pm, recorded live in Berkeley in January - entertain us with a collection of up-tempo Hawaiian stomps, ragtime, & Italian polkas as they recreate the music of the golden age of jazz.
With Robert Armstrong, Allan Dodge, Rick Elmore, Tony Marcus, and Terry Zwigoff performing on ukeleles, Hawaiian steel guitars, fiddles, cellos, banjos, mandolins, accordions, and musical saws, the band brings alive some really great music.
Underground comic book artist R. Crumb founded the occasional band, along with Robert and Allen, in the 70s. They've played venues as diverse as nudist colonies, A Prairie Home Companion, gin joints, & festivals in the Hague. So slip into some fancy, low-cost clothes and enjoy the show with Sandy Miranda.