Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Folk Music & Beyond Sat. 3/9 3 pm
Cheap Suit Serenaders this Saturday
The Cheap Suit Serenaders - on Folk Music & Beyond this Saturday at 3 pm, recorded live in Berkeley in January - entertain us with a collection of up-tempo Hawaiian stomps, ragtime, & Italian polkas as they recreate the music of the golden age of jazz.
With Robert Armstrong, Allan Dodge, Rick Elmore, Tony Marcus, and Terry Zwigoff performing on ukeleles, Hawaiian steel guitars, fiddles, cellos, banjos, mandolins, accordions, and musical saws, the band brings alive some really great music.
Underground comic book artist R. Crumb founded the occasional band, along with Robert and Allen, in the 70s. They've played venues as diverse as nudist colonies, A Prairie Home Companion, gin joints, & festivals in the Hague. So slip into some fancy, low-cost clothes and enjoy the show with Sandy Miranda.