Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Christmas Is About The Gold-Plated Christmas Tree
Originally published on Fri November 23, 2012 10:53 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. Christmas is not about the gifts. Christmas is about the gold-plated Christmas tree. A Tokyo jewelry store is selling the tree for $4.2 million, a price tag explained not only by the steep price of gold, but also by the craftsmanship. A team of workers decorated this tree with handcrafted Disney characters like Mickey Mouse, Tinker Bell and Cinderella. For those on a budget, there is a smaller version of the tree for a quarter million dollars. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.