Most Active Stories
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Enrollment now open for the 2015-2016 KALW News Audio Academy
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- Your Call: How bad is California’s drought?
- The Spiritual Edge: Afro-Cuban movement with meaning
City Visions: July 21, 2014
City Visions: Exploring the Human Microbiome
City Visions for July 21, 2014: According to researchers, there are 100 trillion microorganisms living in the human body. But where does this 'human microbiome' come from? What do these microorganisms do for us and how are they related to chronic disease? And how can we keep our microbiome healthy?
City Visions host David Onek explores these questions and more with Bay Area leading researchers Katie Pollard of the Gladstone Institutes, Susan Lynch of UCSF, and Peter diLaura of Second Genome.
Produced by: Victoria Thorp