Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
City Visions: March 11, 2013
Online U: How the Web Could Change Higher Education in California
An exploration of the growing interest in massive open online courses, or MOOCs. Many of the leaders in the MOOC field are located here in the Bay Area, from tech start ups to faculty members.
Do these experimental courses in online learning offer a new model for college education in California? Or are MOOCs just an education fad that is gaining speed without consideration for quality or student experience? Host Joseph Pace and guests discuss these questions and more.
Dean Florez, 20 Million Minds Foundation
Ellen Junn, Provost, San Jose State University
Clarissa Shen, Udacity.com
Producer: Victoria Thorp