Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- What's Jesse doing in Kolkata?
City Visions: March 11, 2013
Online U: How the Web Could Change Higher Education in California
An exploration of the growing interest in massive open online courses, or MOOCs. Many of the leaders in the MOOC field are located here in the Bay Area, from tech start ups to faculty members.
Do these experimental courses in online learning offer a new model for college education in California? Or are MOOCs just an education fad that is gaining speed without consideration for quality or student experience? Host Joseph Pace and guests discuss these questions and more.
Dean Florez, 20 Million Minds Foundation
Ellen Junn, Provost, San Jose State University
Clarissa Shen, Udacity.com
Producer: Victoria Thorp