Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
Health, Science, Environment
Cleaning In The Rain
The California Coastal Cleanup Day drew more than 50,000 volunteers to 850* sites around the state. They picked up more than half-a-million pounds of trash and recycling.
“We definitely send people along the pathway to pick up stuff because it is eventually going to end up in the ocean if we don't catch it before hand. I think that we need to do more about having clean up all over the city,” says Eli Saddler from OceanHealth.org .