Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Coming Up: December Jobs And Unemployment Report
Originally published on Fri January 6, 2012 4:57 am
The most-anticipated story of the morning seems to be the December jobs and unemployment report from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, which is due for release at 8:30 a.m. ET.
We'll post on the news as soon as possible after it's available.
Last month, BLS said the unemployment rate had declined to 8.6 percent in November from 9 percent the month before. And it said private employers had added 140,000 jobs to their payrolls.
Bloomberg News says economists expect job growth was similar or a bit better in December, but that the unemployment rate might have edged up as more people reentered the labor force and started to look for work — but hadn't found any yet.