Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Cops & Courts
Commentary: UC Berkeley sex soliciting
A little over a year ago, UC Berkeley police arrested a university lecturer on campus for allegedly soliciting lewd acts in a campus bathroom. He’s suing citing sexual discrimination and invalid basis of arrest. The lecturer, who remains anonymous, retained attorney Bruce Nickerson, who says the arrest targets and threatens gay men. Holly Kernan interviewd Nickerson on Crosscurrents earlier this month.
Matt O’Brien heard what Nickerson heard that interview and offers a different perspective on the situation – one shaped by his own experiences while an undergraduate student at Cal.