Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- What's Jesse doing in Kolkata?
Cops & Courts
Commentary: UC Berkeley sex soliciting
A little over a year ago, UC Berkeley police arrested a university lecturer on campus for allegedly soliciting lewd acts in a campus bathroom. He’s suing citing sexual discrimination and invalid basis of arrest. The lecturer, who remains anonymous, retained attorney Bruce Nickerson, who says the arrest targets and threatens gay men. Holly Kernan interviewd Nickerson on Crosscurrents earlier this month.
Matt O’Brien heard what Nickerson heard that interview and offers a different perspective on the situation – one shaped by his own experiences while an undergraduate student at Cal.