Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
afternoon news roundup
Connecting the Dots: Afternoon edition for Monday, April 16, 2012
Silicon Valley technology companies Oracle and Google will face off in a legal showdown on Monday. Oracle charges that Google’s Android mobile phone technology infringes on its patents...
A former fire chief in San Ramon has created a mobile app that alerts users when a 911 cardiac arrest call has been placed nearby. The information enables nearby CPR-trained aides to help while the patient awaits first responders...
The California Senate has unanimously approved Bill 1381, which replaces the phrase “mentally retarded” with “intellectual disability” throughout state codes. Now it’s off for a vote by the California Assembly...
San Francisco Dance Week kicks off this Friday at noon with a flash mob in Union Square. More than 600 free events will celebrate the wide array of dance styles in the Bay Area, from breakdancing, to hula, to bhangra.