Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
AFTERNOON NEWS ROUNDUP
Connecting the dots: Afternoon edition for Monday, January 23, 2012
Mayor Ed Lee plans to ask San Francisco Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi to take a leave of absence just weeks after the embattled sheriff took his oath of office. Mirkarimi is facing domestic violence charges following a New Year's Eve incident with his wife, Eliana Lopez. Lopez has declared publicly that she believes the charges are politically motivated…
Sheriff Mirkarimi isn’t the only public office holder being suspected of domestic violence. The State Attorney General is investigating accusations against San Francisco Assistant District Attorney Sanaz Nikaein, who was arrested and released on bail on Saturday on suspicion of the crime...
Some might consider it a crime to close the almost 80-year-old Gold Dust Lounge. Rumor has it the famous bar's landlord wants to do just that. Fans of the Union Square watering hole are circulating a petition and even wrote this song in hopes of keeping the taps from running dry...
The man responsible for keeping the San Francisco Film Society running, Bingham Ray, died today after suffering multiple strokes at the Sundance Film Festival in Utah. The 57-year-old executive director took the reigns last November, following the death of former director Graham Leggat...