Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
Afternoon News Roundup
Connecting the Dots: Afternoon edition for Tuesday, February 21, 2012
Supporters of Proposition 8 will ask the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals for a full review of the panel decision that ruled the ballot measure unconstitutional. The gay marriage ban was expected to go to the U.S. Supreme Court...
The westbound Bay Bridge reopened more than a day earlier than expected, but traffic is much slower than usual. Road crews spent the weekend reconfiguring lanes on the bridge...
On the east side of the bridge, police have a suspect in last week's killing of a 67-year-old Berkeley man. The alleged killer is a 23-year-old paranoid schizophrenic who has received only minimal psychiatric care...
And in San Francisco's Mission district, a man was stabbed after refusing his attacker five dollars. It's the latest in a series of recent stabbings, some of them fatal; the city has seen eight homicides so far this year.